FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:53 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by mfabel
Just spent 20 frustrating minutes with the EP desk trying to get them to contact the Rate Desk to get the taxes waived for a flight I reserved and plan to use vouchers to pay for. I got quite a lengthy lecture about how the United States government would never waive taxes, and how she did not have the ability to waive them. At one point she agreed to contract the Rate Desk and put me on hold. When she came back she said that instead of contracting the rate desk, she "did better than that" by contracting the EP/Concierge Key Help Desk, who confirmed that they can't waive the taxes. Then another lengthy lecture. She eventually told me there was nothing she could do, and she refused to contact the Rate Desk to ask. Any suggestions on what magic words I need to say to get them to figure this out? Or am I better off just sucking it up and making a trip to the airport?
The magic word is HUCA. With luck the next agent will know how to process your request or better explain which vouchers get the taxes waived.

FYI, I've been told the directions are available to all agents via their computer but experience is many won't bother to look it up.