FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge options / connecting in MAD
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:03 am
hungry

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
[QUOTE=corporate-wage-slave;30243309]It is tight yes, so I don't think you'll get a lounge visit. In any case the T4 lounge is closed for the next few weeks anyway and you won't have access to any other lounge unless you have something like a Priority Pass. If you miss the flight - which is a distinct possibility - just go to the nearest IB desk and they will rebook you.

. Yes, you clear immigration in T4S then take the transit to T4. You are then in Schengen and continue to be in Schengen on the service to PMI.

It's not very long, but there is a lounge open in T4S for that, more details in the Dashboard under Lounges / Europe.

.Same answer regarding lounges, see the Dashboard. The check-in desk at PMI is going to be 2 or 3 hours, and 2 hours is sufficient. You have fast track, it's on the left side security area facing security, and has a special feeder channel to it.

[QUOTE=hungry;30243224].THEN the second trip later in the year is via MAD again to ALC. Going out we arrive from LHR at T4S and depart from T4 but we have a good long connection time of almost 2 hours. Can anyone recommend the best lounge to visit at MAD to pass the time?
Originally Posted by hungry
. Dashboard again for that, hopefully it will be open by then. The Dashboard is this forum's main repository of information so it's worth having a look around to get farmilar with its contents.

See the lounge guide Europe in the Dashboard, it's the same as BA. And yes you have Fast Track there, not that it really matters, ALC is quite slick.
Thanks as always. I am really hoping everything goes smoothly ! The following flight is in late November, so hopefully the T4 lounge will be open again by then. I will indeed consult the dashboard. If it wasn't open by then, could we not use the one in T4S where our BA flight from LHR arrives at, before going through immigration into T4 for the next flight to ALC?

Thanks again