FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:39 am
Sam Bee

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
As this is the newbie zone, I won't get flamed here for asking!

Never flown TK, but watched their rise, and as the result of GA pulling out of LHR I have the opportunity with work to fly with them - or any airline of my choice - (would be LGW/LHR-CGK & SIN or KUL-LON) - would be economy, but as a taller person would love to know

- Should I actively choose the widebodies from LHR over LGW to IST
- Should I choose the 777-300 to SIN over the A330 to KUL (or vice versa)
- Can I prebook/pay for emer exits, or as a 2 metre human, get friendly support when trying to check in (EK/SQ are excellent at giving me emergency exits at LHR)
- I can pick most any airlines, but like to try new airlines to me. Normally i'd stick to SQ / QR but I have freedom so happy to try someone new as may be my future airline of choice! as long as i'm entertained, fed and wined, and can avoid middle seats i'm happy. Am I most likely to get most of these things I won't ask about the new airport for transit.*

*edit - i will ask about the new airport as it would be mid November. I assume i'm fairly guaranteed that TK won't be running split operations between new / old airport - last thing i'd want is a transit in Istanbul between airports?