FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring Bonvoy Points to Airline Program Miles [Discussion & Transfer Times]
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:11 am
Tokyoite

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by amitdi
Guys, I need some expertise.

I have to book BOM to HKG on 15 Oct. I wanted 20K Asia Miles (2 ppl).

I transferred 12K from SPG to 4K Asia Miles on 15 Sep. They went through on 19 Sep. I was planning to put rest through BW. But I came to know that it takes 2 bill cycles, so then I dropped that idea.

Then on the same day (19 Sep), I transferred 48K SPG to Asia Miles. They are not transffered till today (24 Sep). So I called Asia Miles & SPG and both told me it takes 48 hrs to 6 weeks. Really?

So I asked about SPG --> Aeroplan and they said it takes same time. There is no way to narrow down when their batch will run. Moreover, there is no way to take the transfer back after I initiate. So what are my options here. I dont want to spend a bunch of cash if I can use my points.

I have 28K Aeroplan. 4K Asia Miles and 200K+ SPG.
You have Marriott Points and not SPG points.
If you MUST travel on this date, make a plan B. It is just too short a timeline to guarrantee that your points will post in time, and that the award space will still be there if the points post before your travel dates.

As for the timeline, the terms and conditions (link) are as below. ===6 weeks from 19th September is 31st October.

3.11.c. Once Points have been redeemed for Miles with a participating airline frequent flyer program or other airline-affiliated loyalty program, Miles will automatically be transferred to the Member’s frequent flyer or airline-affiliated loyalty program account. Please allow approximately six (6) weeks for Miles to be posted to your account.