FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight change due to strike in Argentina - problem
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:47 pm
Aelx2k

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, Flying Blue, TrueBlue
Flight change due to strike in Argentina - problem

Hello everyone,

I had an award ticket to travel mdz (Mendoza)-pty-sxm on Sept 25. I used Scandinavian Eurobonus to get the ticket operated by Copa. Earlier on today, I found out mt flight had been cancelled due to a general strike here in Argentina. The Copa website states that all affected itineraries can be rebooked free of charge on a different date (untill October 1) and out of any Argentinian city Copa flies to.

I called Copa. They told me to call Scandinavian. I called Scandinavian. They told me they couldn't do a free involuntary change and to call Copa. I called Copa again and insisted. After an hour I managed to speak to a supervisor. He only agreed to change my travel date and not my city of origin. He argued this was because he did not have permission from Scandinavian to do so. There was nothing I could do. I changed my departure date to Sept 29 (the first available one!!).

Since I did not want to spend more and more days at mdz I am now on a night bus to Cordoba which should have much more to offer. I just find it unbelievable that I will have to return to Mendoza in a few days to catch a flight I was entitled to have out of Cordoba....

Does anybody else find this ridiculous? Why couldn't they follow the free change rules posted on their website just because it was an award ticket issued by another airline? What added cost would have they possibly run into??

Thanks for any feedback!!