FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA sent me another person's receipt or travel info / sent my info to wrong email
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:08 pm
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Hog Heaven
so I fly IAH to IAd a few days ago... purchase Internet and wine on flight with credit card AX. Got Emails with transaction details.

A few hours later I get two additional emails for a different flight the same day .... showing inflight purchases but with a cc number (last 4 digits) that don’t match any of my credit cards and name/initials that aren’t mine,

so how did my email address get associated with these transactions? Good news as far as I can tell is no unauthorized charges on my credit cards... but can’t figure out how/why I got these emails.
The good news is that you will not get charged for those non-purchases. There were some stories a few months ago about the same thing happening to passengers but at least in those cases they were non-purchases on the same flights as the FAs just misidentified the seat (as that's the way they use to quickly process the information for the emails).