FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Delta IT glitch with upgrade list
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:48 pm
Billy Mumphrey

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Paplover
I was flying SAN-SLC-PSC on Saturday but bought the ticket about 3-4 hours before departure. Was instantly upgraded to F on the SLC-PSC leg but was amazed to find that I was 18 out of 19 (DM on a K fare) for the SAN-SLC flight. There should be no way that on a Saturday afternoon there 17 DM ahead of me and only my co-worker (GM) behind me. So I called the DM desk and was told that her list agreed with the app and the computer must be right but she could not check the status of anyone on the list. I asked the TA when checking my bags who said that there GMs and PMs ahead of me and no one was using a RUC or a GUC but she couldn't do anything and check with the GA. GA said the same thing and placed a call to work on it. The person she called agreed that the list was messed up and even unchecking me in and rechecking me did not change the list. The GA was toldI should be getting the upgrade and just gave it to me on the spot. All the time I was polite and mentioned that I could understand if I was #4 for 3 and did not get the upgrade but 18/21 (at the end) was ridiculous. Just a heads up that if the upgrade list looks very unreasonable, pursue it.
No mistake, me and my entire extended family (17 DMs total) were booked on that flight with Y fares. Did you hear all the commotion in the gate area once they ran the upgrades?