FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Bag Interlining If Separate Tix w/ *A Partners (YES) & Non-Partners (NO) {Archive}
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:38 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Thanks. I'm still confused. What do you mean by onload above and beyond the original booking, and what do you mean by the LAS flight being full? Checked in full or oversold? Are you saying if the flight is oversold, my bag and I may not be put on it? Would that risk also be there if someone just paid $610 to book this all on one UA itinerary?
Zero inventory for sale, not checked-in full. In order to print PPT-SFO-LAS bag tags, the agent has to put a dummy SFO-LAS segment onto your PPT-SFO itinerary, making it look like you'd bought it that way in the first place. This is in addition to the SFO-LAS ticket you already have, which cannot be put onto that same itinerary. UA's computers will revalidate inventory at this point, so if SFO-LAS were sold out, they'd need to get the help desk to force it, because the computer would refuse, saying the flight was sold out.

This wouldn't prevent you from getting onto the flight, because you already have a ticket.

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Should I expect the PPT staff to not only be able to through check my bag to LAS but also to give me a SFO-LAS boarding pass, and what's the consequence if they cannot give me the second boarding pass?
They should be able to get you an SFO-LAS boarding pass whether they can check you through or not. There are no consequences if they can't; you can use the app, or a kiosk, or a check-in agent at SFO to get another SFO-LAS boarding pass if need be.