FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:22 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by yeunganson
I believe the e-bonus tool can be used to give points and eligible night credits to Marriott/SPG members. This makes sense because

I get your point that if I didn't stay and sleep in the hotel, there maybe some franchisee-corporate contract that prevents arbitrary awards of eligible nights.

There however have been at least one case where the hotel was able to purchase old Marriott Platinum status (new Marriott/SPG Platinum Premier) to a Flyertalker - DealAddict in Aug 2018. So it's within the powers of the franchise hotel to purchase important Marriott/SPG Members Plat status from Marriott Corp.

See Post #2882 on the old Plat status for $800 thread
Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Yes, a property can comp status for an important guest (maybe list them as an owner/investor?), but I do believe the nights for RE have been issued by MR. This is a simple mistake and hopefully corrected before long.