FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:46 am
david55

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Well, we had dinner here at enoSTEAK last night. Suffice to say it was disappointing. Two of our steaks were lukewarm to downright cool, so we sent them back. Took over 20 minutes to get 2 new medium rare steaks. No manager at all in restaurant. Server offered a free port during dessert. No offer to even comp corkage or offer a free dessert for the poor experience. Suffice to say, I wasn't pleased. Too many other excellent steak restaurants nearby to enable such bad behavior.

Spoke today after a very challenging and oft-delayed process with RC F&B manager. Fortunately, he agreed we didn't get what we deserved and that the hotel should have handled the whole affair better. We will get cert for a free steak dinner. I consider that good service recovery. We weren't planning to return, but now we will give them a second chance.

The ridiculously challenging process to even speak with the F&B manager in the first place would greatly concern me if I were a guest staying at the hotel, however. There was nothing 5 star about that. I mentioned that problem to the F&B manager, as well.
We have stayed at the hotel twice. I never saw a single person in the steak restaurant the entire time. It doesn't ( to me) even look inviting. I am surprised that they haven't re purposed that space to something more inviting or useful.