FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx: Delta Reserve v. Platinum Amex (& third-party lounges!)
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:58 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by marmutz
This thread is what I was looking for. Thanks to all for your inputs. I was initially thinking of upgrading to the Amex Reserve due to the increase in upgrade priority (especially nice for international). However, searching through the benefits, I came across Amex Platinum. I love the Gold benefits on SPG and Hilton on that card plus the lounges. So I'm thinking of going Amex Platinum instead of Reserve.
However, I do have 1 question. Assuming I will get DM every year due to my travels, is it still worth it to keep my Amex Delta Platinum?

Thanks in advanced.
As for upgrade priority -- you know there are no complimentary upgrades on long-haul international, right? So Reserve card generally doesn't matter there. So, just one more reason not to get the Reserve card, as it sounds like you've already concluded.

As for Amex Delta Platinum, I am regularly DM and I hold that card. It mainly depends how much you value the companion certificate and if you take advantage of the ability to earn 10,000 MQMs after $25K spent. Personally I get value out of both of those features, so I keep the card.