FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:14 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

There is something so inviting about this hotel that makes me want to return. I just loved everything about it. I was there for 4 nights using points and cash. When I checked in, I was told that I had been upgraded. My room, although small, was nicely appointed, it was a corner room with large, floor-ceilng windows. One corner overlooked a verdant canal and the other, lush private gardens.
Every employee with whom I came in contact was helpful and warm. Kudos to Aprille in the Regency Club. She is such an asset. Sensing that I was jet lagged and exhausted she almost insisted that I have the Indonesian chicken soup from the Hotel restaurant. Within minutes of leaving the Club, there was a knock on my door and a bowl of perfect comfort food arrived, complete with a bowl of shrimp crackers. This is truly thoughtful service.
A few other items of note: mattress was very comfortable and linens on the bed were divine.
Bathroom was well designed and the shower was perfect.
Another big plus is that my room was always blissfully quiet. I never heard a sound from outdoors, the hallway or from other rooms. Indeed, this seems more like a lovely boutique hotel than a Hyatt.