FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combine Accounts Update
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:56 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I am one who cannot book Starwood thanks to the leading -0- issue. I have 3 leading -0-s. It isn't an issue of the system lopping off the 0. I've tried logging in with 6 digits and it automatically adds in the 000, then tells me that it doesn't recognize the number. Marriott (Starwood) now knows this is an issue but has no timetable for resolution.
OMG. Those whose accounts are very old like yours, are those who suffer this nutty glitch.

No ETA on the fix is truly bad.

Very often what you see the 0's on the screen does not mean the system sees it. A lot of time the internal system lops off preceding 0's, happened with bank account numbers all the time because the bank systems usually have a very large field for account number so to accommodate their future needs as customer bases grow. But their systems probably do not have the "validation" step using a check value for the validity of the number. I learned about the preceding 0's often being lopped off was because our Chase accounts have like 4 or 5 zeros. When I filled out a deposit slip it was very annoying that I often missed one zero, leaving one empty box at the end of the account number field but the teller told me not to worry because the system "only cares about the actual numbers".