FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who's right, Delta or KLM? (Day of Departure GUC Upgrade Issues)
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:52 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Delta has proactively contacted me — who is also monitoring this thread — and explained that, as some mentioned here, the DL desk agent erred in issuing the ticket inside the 24-hour window.

I can happily live with a mistake made in the course of trying to help someone out. Yeah, it created some confusion and a little frustration, but it was a learning experience, for sure.

I’m likewise sure the original agent feels like any of us would were we in her shoes — and probably have ourselves when we accidentally made something worse while trying to make things better.

So, with that, I’m content with my lot and don’t feel compelled to press the matter, and with their explanation I am still, overall, very satisfied with Delta.
It is good that DL acknowledged the error. No reason to berate an agent for an error and I am certain that DL keeps tabs on who makes lots of them.

Nonetheless, you as a passenger are due an EC 261/2004 refund. That has nothing to do with whether the agent made an error, did it you intentionally or a seat went INOP.