FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:29 am
BA_MAN1

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I think that he was unlucky with 12 rows of Club. That potentially means 48 passengers which is a lot. Just out of curiosity - how did your friend know how many rows of Club there were? Since I have not flown on Band 3 catering route for a while, it strikes me that Afternoon tea would be served at the time that this is scheduled to depart - so it may be that no drinks are offered before tea? I really do not know, but others here will. In any event I do not know when he is coming home - but on the 29th there are 7 Rows but that may change to 6 and a week later there are 4 - again others will confirm or deny that. Either way I think that 12 rows is a huge Club load.

ALC from LGW enjoys the same popularity FWIW.
Thanks for the responses and the welcome all :-)

He knew there was 12 rows at the time he chose his seat (24 hours before departure). I think he had limited choice but got row 7, but was originally allocated a row further back, I believe. I have flown this route before and indeed had a drinks round and menus, and yes it is EF crew. I have been ‘lucky’ with fairly consistent service and very good to excellent crew both MF and EF on my recent travels, to the point I have several forward bookings with BA all in club, all via LHR from MAN. The flight had a slight delay and had the now usual ‘band 3’ Service which was a choice of 2 hots and a salad. I appreciate 12 rows is large, but he isn’t a seasoned club traveller, so it’s hard to manage someone’s expectations on cabin size. It’s just one of those things I guess, but he said the crew completed the service relatively quickly then shut the curtain rarely to be seen again. I just felt slightly embarrassed because I encouraged him to part with his hard earned cash to fly BA club as I’d been so impressed with them lately.

Can I just say this forum has been great and truly informative, it’s been so useful and I have enjoyed reading it over the last few months. :-)

Last edited by BA_MAN1; Sep 23, 2018 at 7:09 am Reason: Grammat