FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Koh Samui {THA}
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:58 am
washeelers747

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by monahos
1. There is no executive lounge in the traditional sense. The bar might be referred to as a lounge in some materials, but its drinks are not free outside of HH elite drink coupons if any (don't recall getting them on my last stay).
2. Golf carts will come pick you up with minimal wait, so unless you prefer walking there is no need to.
3. Villas ~205-213 are nearest to the Zest restaurant where breakfast is served, and about at the same level. The corresponding 100/300 series involve a short but steep climb.
4. Jahn is best accessed by golf cart, and should you wish to eat by the main pool, the lower 100 villas are nearest.

Personally my least favorite villa I stayed in, location wise, was ~207 very near Zest, and in your situation I would just make extensive use of the golf carts.

This property's design, with swimmable (not 'plunge') pools and great views in every villa, along with its underwhelming beach, means that most guests end up lazing all day in their own unit, with the public areas (pool, gym, beach) uncrowded..
Thank you so much for sharing your insights. CKS told me hotel isn't busy during my upcoming stay in late October. I am HH Diamond, and would value privacy over short distance to Zest so I should go ahead to make request to stay in 300s level (I assume they will upgrade me to oceanview villa room, minimally instead of standard waterfront villa room)? Any feedbacks or specific room suggestion will be much appreciated.

Also, curious if diamonds get free sparkling wine in their rooms? Hotel told me there is a motorbike shop 5-10 minute away from CKS and cost 300 in case anyone want to rent bike.