FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Koh Samui {THA}
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:58 pm
jchanpaper

Originally Posted by monahos
1. There is no executive lounge in the traditional sense. The bar might be referred to as a lounge in some materials, but its drinks are not free outside of HH elite drink coupons if any (don't recall getting them on my last stay).
2. Golf carts will come pick you up with minimal wait, so unless you prefer walking there is no need to.
3. Villas ~205-213 are nearest to the Zest restaurant where breakfast is served, and about at the same level. The corresponding 100/300 series involve a short but steep climb.
4. Jahn is best accessed by golf cart, and should you wish to eat by the main pool, the lower 100 villas are nearest.

Personally my least favorite villa I stayed in, location wise, was ~207 very near Zest, and in your situation I would just make extensive use of the golf carts. They are ubiquitous, based both in front of Zest and at arrivals, driven by anyone from bell staff to managers, uniformly courteous to friendly, and one never feels as if imposing on them, as might be the case at some other hotels. I would say the vast majority of guests rely on them for nearly all their outings, although I prefer walking to try to work off some of the inevitable weight gain

This property's design, with swimmable (not 'plunge') pools and great views in every villa, along with its underwhelming beach, means that most guests end up lazing all day in their own unit, with the public areas (pool, gym, beach) uncrowded.
As for quietness, most of the year the main source of noise will be pre-school kids if any in neighboring units, with IME a higher likelyhood of noisy neighbors in the 400 and up 2 bedroom villas, whose pricing is more attractive for larger, more social groups. Most guests in the 1 bedroom villas are couples seeking a calm holiday, and there is enough separation between units for privacy, especially vertically (one has to lean over the edge of the pool to peek at other units further down), while horizontally walls preclude eye contact with neighbors unless both are leaning out of their pools simultaneously.
Thank you this was very helpful!