FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combine Accounts Update
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:31 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Bravada04
I don't know what to do? All my points are in my SPG account with a minimal in my original MAR account. I have them linked and have been given my new SPG#.

I have reservations in my SPG account prior to August 18. I need to merge these accounts ultimately so my nights are added from each program and use my points for a reward stay. I want to do it NOW!

....but I am having second thoughts of when to do this as it doesn't sound like things are fixed? I am so worried of screwing everything up - or I mean them screwing everything up.

Curious...my stays that were booked on my SPG account prior to August 18..... I wonder if a person should call those hotels to ensure they have the current SPG# now since it has changed?

Ugh...what a mess.
Since most of your activity is with SPG, combining your MR account into your SPG account has the least exposure and should be safe now. That means logging into your SPG account and doing the combination from there.

They are supposed to be updating existing rezzies with the new SPG number, but best to confirm that at checkin. I'm sure if you were to call the hotel, give them your confirmation number and last three digits of your new SPG account they would be able to tell you all is well. Or, if a gluten for punishment, call SPG and ask them to refresh your rezzies.