FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:52 am
sddjd

Originally Posted by sddjd
I have a rookie question as I'm intending to use a nine-digit code shared with me by a friend. I don't have the physical mailer (I sat on the code for a few days and the recipient has disposed of it) to confirm any printed 24-month language. However, on the Citi web page the code is accepted and the terms on the applicant info page only contains the following:
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World EliteTM Mastercard® Terms & Conditions
This offer is valid for new accounts only. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you're married, you may apply for a separate account. Citibank, N.A., Sioux Falls, SD, ("Citi," "we" or "us") is the issuer of your account. Please allow 4 weeks from date of submission to process your Card Account application.
If the 24-month language did apply would it be indicated on this web page (near the "new accounts" language, or is there a risk of it being in the discarded pamphlet and not on the app page? Thanks!
Data Point: Applied for the Pers 60k using the web link on 8/22, went to processing for a week then the status web page stated there was a problem and to call. Ten days later I pulled up the status page again and was approved. Applied today (lagged due to travel) using a 60k nine-digit 10/15 exp code from a friend and was instantly approved. Fingers crossed for the bonus, though app page lacked the 24 mo language as noted above.