FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude FA tries to get Captain to deplane me for asking to make space for my carry-on
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:49 am
LordHamster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I keep my laptop bag in the overhead as I have another item under the seat - and find it incredibly rude when other passengers take it out or making a scene and start asking who's item it is as if their item is more important.
I don't want to derail the OP's topic here as I think the OP was definitely mistreated... BUT I have had people try to move my backpack as well.

I'm a minimalist 1 bag traveler. I travel everywhere be it a 1 day trip to a 3 week trip to LHR or BOM with a single 26L Goruck GR1 backpack. I've often had people try to move my backpack to accommodate their oversized carry-on.

My philosophy on the subject is why should I as an efficient passenger with only a tiny amount of onboard luggage, be forced to give up my legroom so that someone who arrives late, and has much more "stuff" than I do? Please note, I'm not saying that is the case with the OP, just sharing my experience as a "backpack" person.