FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Several months on - how are they doing?
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:05 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
I will take it a step further. There seems to be an attempt by Marriott to put using Points at the VERY bottom of the list of items needed to be fixed.

Whether it was the Travel Package fiasco, not allowing bookings at new hotels using points until 2019, not answering the missing stay emails sent to them or locking up our points during the transition EARLY so they couldn't be used it is has been clear MARRIOTT has no problem screwing anyone trying to redeem their points. I bet through the merger they end up 'losing" millions of dollars worth of points.

Probably a good business plan. How many people will just give up and "let it go" vs spending endless hours on the phone with them or sending emails that bounce.
I doubt that this is a nefarious plan by Marriott to keep people from using their points.

What’s that saying? Don’t attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence, or something like that. I think Marriott just bit off way more than it could chew with the Starwood acquisition.