FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:25 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by xar
Actually this statement made me wonder about the following:
  • I take my extended family on yearly trips lasting for about a week.
  • But for simplicity, lets just say 5 rooms for a 3 night stay.
  • Suppose i book a meeting room to celebrate my grand daughter's birthday in that hotel.
Will this qualify as a Rewarding Events hence getting at least 10 EQN + 5 EQN (for 5 rooms) = 15 EQN?
Note: if they calculate nights for the entire stay duration then it would be another +10 EQN for a total of 25 EQN but i suspect its only for the date of the event.

Without RE, I would only be earning only 3 EQN for this family trip since only the first room is counted. (except for points which is for 3 rooms)
Rewarding Events requires contracts for a minimum of 10 rooms. So any purchase of rooms on an individual regular channel will not qualify for the 1 elite night per 20 (group) rooms consumed. Those are completely irrelevant to any date for any meeting.

Group nights and meetings are distinct. Earning 10 elite nights for the first meeting each year is an artifact of the old Marriott Rewards program. Earning 1 elite night per 20 (group) room nights is an artifact of the old SPG Pro program.