FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:15 pm
DavefromSt.Vital

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
System Not Recognizing Double Stay Credits From SPG Promo

I have not merged my accounts yet as I want everything straightened out in my SPG account first. I am still showing as Gold even though I should be Platinum.

Earlier this year I signed up for a SPG promo wherein I would get double elite qualifying credits for stays/nights. I had five stays during the promo period and the system quickly recognized me as Gold as it recognized that I should be credited for 10 stays.

After finding out that legacy SPG elite qualifying through stays was still in effect until the end of the year, I decided to go for Platinum. I completed my 25th stay at the end of August and with all of the IT issues that have been going on I was not surprised that I was still showing as Gold on my 26th stay a couple of days later. However, that was a while back so I camped out on hold today to see what the problem was. After a long wait I finally got a chance to speak at length with someone. She said that she could only see 21 stays. At first I thought that five stays were missing but I eventually realized that the system was not counting the five extra stay credits from the promo. I was told that I would have to e-mail Research so they could look into it so I did so.

Assuming I am correct as to what the problem is, I am not sure how many people would be affected by this problem as I believe it was a targeted promo. Hopefully this can be fixed as I would rather not have to stay four more times to achieve Platinum.