FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:57 pm
dalehill

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Out of SFO? Well, if DL covers your flying (which must not be extensive enough to benefit from UA's network/schedule out of SFO), go for it. Another airline might be warranted if a couple of people boarding ahead of you is enough to throw the rattle on the floor.
Is it really just a couple of people? From the way folks talk, it sounds like it could be dozens out of SFO. I want my bag in the overhead somewhere not several rows behind my seat. That's part of what I feel I'm paying for when I pay for F--the increased likelihood of that. That matters to me.

It's not "throwing the rattle on the floor", it's making a choice. Quite a charming, demeaning comment, btw.

DL does cover my flying, however, United offers a domestic nonstop on one route I take often where DL does not. But every time I go to book, UA F is always more expensive and nothing else UA does has caused me switch loyalties. I don't fly enough to spread my flying around 2 airlines. I have to choose. I do occasionally fly UA -- Polaris to SIN, for example, only because it's nonstop and DL metal is 2 stops. But in that situation, I'm not concerned about where my bag is in the Polaris cabin, so I don't care when I board. Plenty of room up there on the 787.