FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:28 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by vernonc
Not sure if this was already pointed out ....the boarding pass on the app does not refresh unless you hit the refresh icon on the screen. So if you are like me and checked in and got a BP on the app 24 hrs before the flight, open the app as you go thru security and the gate is the same as when you checked in at T-24. So you could end up going to the wrong gate unless you hit the refresh button on the top of the BP screen.
This could be an issue if you are trying to make a connecting flight and get off your first flight with the BP for the new one that sends you to the wrong gate.
Maybe others have different experiences but this is what I experienced this morning at YYZ. AC App on Android.
It seems to update gates changes automatically in IOS in Wallet and I like the cute little yellow circle around the new gate number as a way of highlighting the change. This is in addition to receiving notifications.