FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:58 am
wyogold

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Assuming neither of you has opened or closed ANY Citi AA card in the last 24+ months and depending on your ability to spend or MS, you can both:

Day 0 - Use public Business offer, match to +20K or 75K total, whichever is lower.
Day 8-30 - Use public Personal offer, match to +20K or 75K total, whichever is lower.
Day 65 - Use Personal mailer (obtain from Reddit or elsewhere), match to +20K or 75K total, whichever is lower.
Day 90 - Close Business card after meeting spend and miles posting.
Day 95 - Use Business Mailer, match to +20K or 75K total, whichever is lower.
Day 130 - Use Personal mailer (obtain from Reddit or elsewhere), match to +20K or 75K total, whichever is lower.
Day 160 - Use Personal mailer (obtain from Reddit or elsewhere), match to +20K or 75K total, whichever is lower.
Day 190 - Close Business card after meeting spend and miles posting.
Day 195 - Use Business mailer, match to +20K or 75K total, whichever is lower.
etc.
Note that you should reduce credit lines to $1500-2000 before closing. You will probably stop getting mailers if you apply for a card. That is why people get them in other people's names. It normally takes 3-6 months (sometimes more) to start getting mailers after someone signs up for an AA account. Make sure the mailers have 9-digit codes and waive the annual fee.
I'd like to add one comment: I've been keeping to personal mailers so that, should the mailer churn end, I will have still one last hurrah and be able to apply for a business card through the public link because I haven't had a business card in 24 months. Sticking strictly to personals allows me to have that option.