FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:43 am
kmersh

Originally Posted by damon88
A data point on recognition of Ambassador status. I was speaking to a front desk agent at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott about an early check in. I asked her out of curiosity if she was able to see my status on her screen. "Oh yes- Mrs. X, I can see that you are Marriott Platinum and that you have over 2 million points in your account!" I prodded her further and asked if she could see I was Premiere Elite with Ambassador. "I can see you are Platinum Premiere Elite but not Ambassador." Without a notation, like the Westin Carlsbad made, it doesn't appear to be visible yet. By the way, she really didn't seem to distinguish between Platinum and PPE.
In my wife's experience there is very little difference on the Marriott side between Platinum and Platinum Premier.

Many many time my wife has been told that Front Desk Associates were being trained that Platinum Premier is essentially Platinum and as such there is very little difference.