FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:00 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I spoke with the GS manager at ORD on Tuesday and mentioned the concerns that are posted here. He agreed that it will come down to training whereby the agents are supposed to pause between the groups instead of bunching them all together (which we all have witnessed). I asked him to go to some gates and witness what happens and he agreed to do so. (I'll get a report next week when I see him.)

He also said that he has daily meetings with the supervisors who are in charge of various gate sections of the terminal (e.g. C-20-32) and will alert them to the issues and ensure the agents do what they are supposed to.

I will call GS customer service each and every time that the procedure is not followed. They "gots to know" and do something about it. The more complaints, the more they will act.
Good for you.

Unfortunately I am sitting on 2 UA paid first class tickets. One a mid-con ($1200) and one a hub-to-hub trans-con ($1900).

I will tweet UA customer (lack of) service both times explaining to them how they are mistreating paid first pax.

Originally Posted by sdix
As a buyer of FC I much prefer the airlines that delay upgrading freebies. I can nearly always get a DL seat up front at short notice for example.
As a buyer of FC, I don't even bother to look at UA if I want to buy a first class ticket within 3 days....the cabin is already full of mileage pax and 1k/GS upgraders...DL is the easiest in these situations and AA better than UA but not great.