FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:03 pm
sdix

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

Yes, there is. The 1K pax has already provided UA $12,000-49,000 in revenue in 1 calendar year AND flown around the globe 4 times. And you have not or you would be 1K. Simple as that!
If the GS or 1K is sitting up front because of some kind of upgrade instrument or miles and UA believes it's worth it then as we know they are devaluing the FC cabin 100% as it it fills with freebies and their revenue sinks. However, I still maintain from personal observations many GS head for coach. It's hard to tell 1K's but my impression is that UA still sells a good many revenue FC seats. With the premise that they will fill FC up with freebies then it's no wonder the service has gone downhill. You get what you pay for. Yes I know we have all "earned" that free seat - but have we really.

As a buyer of FC I much prefer the airlines that delay upgrading freebies. I can nearly always get a DL seat up front at short notice for example.

At the end of the day FF programs and loyalty have changed so much in the past few years in my opinion being a free agent is really the way to go