FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unofficial Bangkok (BKK & DMK) Airport thread
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:56 pm
transpac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
"Handled" and "Capacity" are two completely separate things, which also does not make sense to me.
Correct, and I didn't mean to imply anything other than that. My only point was that 59 million was 14 million over current capacity, and 65 million, when completed in several years, may well be below the actual "handled" figure"? A third runway, not sure if that is in phase 2, 2.5 or 3, would probably help with "capacity"? DMK is limited owing to the runway configuration - too close together for simultaneous ops, and the crossing issue, but clearly, UTP has some upside potential, especially for those tourists headed for the eastern seaboard.

Based on the local customs - reading the press stories, my best guess is that "handled" is some actual measure of real passengers transiting SBIA/BKK, while "capacity" is some theoretical figure based on take-off/landing capability and average load.

Originally Posted by odie11
Transpac-Do you have any recommendations for those nice comfy hotels with shuttle?
I do not, but there have been quite a few first-hand recommendations here on FT over the years. More recently I had a colleague who stayed here

at-residence

and he said it was pretty decent. I think I recommended it to him based on a post I saw here on FT.