FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - For the first time in years, I will not qualify for EXP next year
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:18 pm
enpremiere

Programs: CK or bust
The best way to settle this debate and put this thread asleep would be a simple survey:

Should samwise6222 go on a premium cabin mileage run to obtain the final ~35K EQM needed for Executive Platinum?
  1. Yes: There's lots of value in re-qualifying and according to the vulnerable gospel of frequent flyers this is why travelers walk fly on this earth (no close in award ticketing fees, free award deposits, 4 rusty SWUs, bumper sticker bragging rights, being the top dog at the frequent flyer party until a CK shows up and then loudly announcing that it's not worth it anymore)
  2. No: Variations of the "other side with __________ program is greener" and the "be different/break the bonds of loyalty, they don't need me so I don't need them, go for free agency, etc..." crowds
  3. Absolutely Not, Grow Up: The oracle, QueenOfCoach, is right that it's a waste of three days and cash for short-lived perceived value when time could be better spent at home reading posts and posting to FlyerTalk
  4. Don't really care: Unless this thread gets picked up on JonNYC's Twitter feed
I'm going to go with 1) but totally fine if 4) is the winner.