FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGA-Manhattan-JFK For An NYC Rookie- Tips/Tricks?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
orlandodlplat

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by manacit
I've experienced the flight number being wrong as well (many times), I think that rule is not as ironclad as it used to be.
This. Operationally, it's tough for them to guarantee the 2/4 flight number rule of thumb. Having said that, if you have Clear that is available at T2. There is an airside bus that connects T2 with T4. (Depending on the day, the precheck and priority lines are torture at T4, as there are like 30 international carriers in that terminal.)

As for transportation to JFK, here are the basic options:

--LIRR from Penn Station to Jamaica, change to the Airtrain. This means you have to get yourself and your bags to Penn Station, which is no picnic, particularly at rush hour.
--Subway (The A to Howard Beach or the E to Jamaica) and change to the Airtrain. This is cheaper than LIRR (not by much) but more stops and, also, miserable at rush hour. E train has had big air conditioning problems lately.
--Airport shuttle services (there are tons... I know nothing about any of them other than I see them everywhere).
--Yellow cab ($52 flat fare plus tolls, time-of-day surcharges, and tip)
--Car service (UberX is around $80 inclusive of tolls and fees)