FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGA-Manhattan-JFK For An NYC Rookie- Tips/Tricks?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:37 am
JSprague24

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Thanks for the input so far! It'll likely be one personal item, carry-on, and checked bag for each, so the public transit might be a bit clunky but isn't a bad idea.

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Fastest and easiest way to JFK from Manhattan is a helicopter. as low as 295
Ha! I wish that were in the price range. Maybe someday.

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Be careful with that assumption; while it is likely your flight will depart from T4, it is possible that it could depart from T2 (I have had 763/764 flights operated in/out of T2). The outbound flight number will give you a clue; if it starts with "2" it's likely to depart from T2 and if it's "4" then it's probably T4. Best to check the DL mobile app before you head to the airport.
Agreed; there are many threads that discuss travel options to/from Times Square and a detailed wikiguide. Welcome to the NYC Forum - PLEASE READ FIRST (really!)
I'd heard the flight number rule of thumb and took that into consideration but, at least for now, it's neither/nor (DL661).