FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New York City EDITION [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:23 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Edition hotels are heavily stylized, expensive, and offer few elite benefits. You have to like the style to like the hotel. The service can be good, but it can also be a bit aloof. I know this is the NYC thread, but I've stayed at the London property and loved it. However, you will notice the London property isn't much discussed or highly rated by Flyertalk members. Both hotels are highly ranked on TripAdvisor (above most other Marriott or Starwood options) but they don't get a lot of love here.
Yeah, I care less about the breakfast benefit (or lounge access) and care far more about the actual luxury experience (and even the chance to get upgraded since I'm Ambassador status). The truth is that the hotel is a very nice W-esque luxury experience and has upgraded me once already to a suite and upgraded my sister once when I gave them an award night! So the elite recognition is stellar for the purposes that matter to me. But more important is that the hotel be luxurious and offer excellent service.

I already know that the Edition is very W-esque, which obviously appeals to some (including us) and not others. I've also stayed at the London Edition (where I didn't get upgraded at all but very much enjoyed the stay and service). I like this New York Edition much more than the W properties in NYC. But not nearly as much as I love the StR and Chatwal!