FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going for GUF: really can't be bothered !
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:48 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
When a couple of recent trips post in full, I will be at 3020 TPs, so GGL retained...

I did have some travel in for November (180 TPs) but work has got in the way and that's going to be canceled / pushed back into next membership year...

I had thought about doing some sort of a trip to top me up to 3500 but looking at the unused GUFs in my account, I really can't be bothered...

Anyone else suffering from TP-fatigue ?
Accumulating TPs for the sake of TPs is just the same as accumulating money for the sake of money. It makes no sense to me in and by itself, and they only make sense in terms of what they can get you.

You call your current "mood" TP fatigue, to me it is just basic common sense: the idea of buying business class flights you do not need just to get a GUF which will enable you, next year, to maybe get an upgrade would just be odd in my view. You can just buy the higher class that next time if you need it. Sure there is a small chance it may cost you a bit more, but then there is at least as good a chance it will cost you less especially given the current sales structure.

Just fly what you need and more importantly what you can enjoy.