FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight to LAS with layflat seats?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:19 pm
wj2005

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You're going to have to backtrack to JFK for this and fly Delta or BOS and fly Jet Blue (Jet Blue doesn't serve CLE/PIT-JFK, unfortunately). DL will put you on a regional jet for the shorthaul but it's less distance, B6 is backtracking you about an extra hour or so (but Mint is likely nicer than Delta One).

In theory you could also double-connect through SFO/LAX on UA/AA/ (PIT/CLE-EWR/JFK-SFO/LAX-LAS). Don't do this unless you really like connecting in airports (and the shorthaul connections both ways won't have lie-flats, whereas with B6 you only have one connecting non-lie flat flight each way instead of two).

IMO it's not worth adding ~4 hours of travel + connection time to a fiveish hour flight, especially through Atlantic Seaboard airports with congested airspace (a lot can go wrong very quickly, and make your trip less fun). Personally I'd do F on a nonstop or one-stop somewhere in the Midwest if I simply HAD to get my sweetie to Vegas in complete style, and do other special things at the destination... but you do you.
i have thought of just flying f but that is something we have somebody before and flying in a bigger jet (787) or f with lay flat we have not.

I was thinking about also just flying to lax and driving over (which doesn’t bother me) but then that’s just adding more time to the trip. Is that really worth it at that point? Lol
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You're going to have to backtrack to JFK for this and fly Delta or BOS and fly Jet Blue (Jet Blue doesn't serve CLE/PIT-JFK, unfortunately). DL will put you on a regional jet for the shorthaul but it's less distance, B6 is backtracking you about an extra hour or so (but Mint is likely nicer than Delta One).

In theory you could also double-connect through SFO/LAX on UA/AA/ (PIT/CLE-EWR/JFK-SFO/LAX-LAS). Don't do this unless you really like connecting in airports (and the shorthaul connections both ways won't have lie-flats, whereas with B6 you only have one connecting non-lie flat flight each way instead of two).

IMO it's not worth adding ~4 hours of travel + connection time to a fiveish hour flight, especially through Atlantic Seaboard airports with congested airspace (a lot can go wrong very quickly, and make your trip less fun). Personally I'd do F on a nonstop or one-stop somewhere in the Midwest if I simply HAD to get my sweetie to Vegas in complete style, and do other special things at the destination... but you do you.
And I already figured the couple connecting flights won’t have lay flats and just normal f which is fine.

we have a little guy (just turned 9) and I know I can’t get her to go outside of the country for a short trip without him. Also my winter job wouldn’t allow me to be away for more then a few days (4-5) at most.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 19, 2018 at 3:34 pm Reason: merge