FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel not open by reservation date; moved to Hampton Inn
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:32 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
This is probably more accurate: "Hotel Not Open Yet After Renovations - Proactively Moves Me to Another Nearby CRAPPIER Hotel"

While I'm much higher statused at Hilton than Marriott, I do not equate Hampton Inns with a Renaissance. Hamptons don't have a restaurant or room service - things that I would likely want if I choose a full-service hotel in the first place. OP should probably request to be relocated to another full service hotel in the area.
The problem is that there aren't many "full service" hotels in the area. AFAIK in addition to the Ren, downtown has a Marriott (which doesn't look very good to me, but I've never been inside) and the new Hilton convention hotel. [I think the Marriott is a convention hotel too.]

As I suggested above, given the lack of choice, my pick would be the HP.

There are also some suburban hotels in West Des Moines, IIRC including an atrium style Sheraton which IMO isn't very good. It's a long way from downtown and really has nothing walkable nearby.