FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - is the only reason to stay with Alaska the mile earning?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:06 am
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
the nice thing about the airlines telling us very clearly that we are only valued based on the ticket we buy on that given trip is that it is a two way street.

personally, i think that of the major airlines in the USA, WN is the best when it comes to treating you pretty fairly no matter what you paid for your ticket. AS isn't bad, and DL isn't bad either. myself, as a relatively low value customer, i tend to stick with those 3 airlines for that reason.

if we don't like how an airline is treating us relative to our own perceptions of the value of our business, the options are pretty simple: (1) pay more to your preferred carrier (or someone else) and see if it improves, (2) choose a different carrier and see if the cost/benefit ratio is better or (3) don't fly. personally, i've used all 3 of those tactics the past 3 years since things have continued to be rocky with regards to what all carriers are offering and how they are treating people. some trips i pay more and buy F because i don't want to deal with the BS, some trips i choose a different carrier than my preferred one, and sometimes i just decide not to travel because the cost is too high relative to what i will get out of it.