FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:53 am
Sam Bee

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by dukesy
Good afternoon all

I wondered if some one could please help

I am booked in Y+ (Actually T) on BA0275 (LHR-LAS) on the 6th October, returning on the 11th October on BA0274, again in Y+ (T)

I am looking at seat Choices, and there are only 6 seats left unallocated, on both legs, and They are all rubbish (Mid of 4 on the old 744 !)

Given that there is no real choice, I don't want to pay £88 to reserve rubbish seats, so would YOU leave it til check in at T-24 and hope like crazy of opup ? (No premium status, but travelling alone)
I'm not the person to answer this, but if I was being waterboarded, i'd probably say the following:

a) you won't be upgraded, just statistically BA's algorythms are normally spot on, and i'd assume more people higher up the list
b) but if all remaining seats are rubbish, what's the point in choosing one over the other? (what's the normal recommendation for increasing opup - OLCI or not?)

What I can do is give you availability:

BA 275 J9 C0 DC RC IC W1 EC TC (what do you call a good seat btw - I see 12 A&D&G available?)
BA 264 J0 C0 DC RC IC W0 EC TC - lots of rubbish seats left here - but also 12D&G to avoid the middle seats. Perhaps maybe a good flight to volunteer rebooking?

Others will analyse this better than me