FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel not open by reservation date; moved to Hampton Inn
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:39 pm
Eric_sean

Programs: Marriott lifetime platinum/Alaska gold 75k
Hotel not open by reservation date; moved to Hampton Inn

Has anyone ever had a Marriott property cancel your reservation and move you to a Hilton property? I had booked a room at the Renaissance Des Moines, but 5 days before I was set to check in, I received an email from the hotel saying they were moving me to a Hampton Inn. The email said the hotel was under construction and wouldn’t be ready in 5 days.

I’ve been trading email with the hotel about booking me at one of the other Marriott properties in downtown Des Moines, but they’ve been slow to respond and haven’t made any changes after 4 days (scheduled to check in tomorrow). I’m lifetime platinum premier and when I called the Platinum line, the guy seemed lost in trying to help me.

Has anyone else had Marriott move them to a Hilton property? I’ve been pretty frustrated with Marriott’s lack of a response with this. Do you think it is out of line to ask Marriott to give me the points and night stayed credits for the 2 nights?