FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:46 pm
alex67500

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by edgaju
Hi guys,

I've been reading for a couple of years (have snagged loads of deals - thanks to all those that have unwittingly helped me!) but this is my first post. I am trying to retain BA Gold from November 15th this year vs. falling to silver. I need 550 TPs. I am going to be in Copenhagen for a family event from Oct. 27-29th and was thinking of launching the cheapest possible trip to get them for a few days from there. Best I've seen is Qatar; CPH > DOH > PEN or KUL for about USD 2,300. All business, no idea (and not that fussed) if it's QSuites or not. Anyone think this is a good deal or would you look at other options that I'm missing? Many thanks!
Originally Posted by adam78
Hi all. Another newbie post...
Due to a new job, for the first time in many years, I find myself in danger of losing my Gold status - 525 points to find before mid-November (ex London). I've always travelled with work in the past, so haven't yet had to master the intricacies of TP runs (though embracing the challenge)...
Any suggestions gratefully received
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
You can currently get 400 TPs for £650 doing LHR-HEL-LHR-OTP-LHR-HEL. I wouldn't be spending $2300 unless you need to be somewhere anyway.

Also chances are your year ends on November 8th, not 15th. So with a 2 week extension you need your flights by Nov 22nd.

For £300ish you could fly return from CPH to DXH in Economy and then do a DXB-CMB-CGK return for £650ish - netting 560TPs. Considerably less spendy than $2300.
The last post is your best bet. Actually, if you end up back in LHR, the total is 480 TPs for just over 700 pounds. Add a return in J to anywhere for the remainder, sale is on til next week.