FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] HX: LAX-PVG rt in J ~$580ish
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:50 pm
expert7700

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
we saw our SHA-PVG Sunday (as well as all flights and all carriers to HKG Sunday) was cancelled.

Asked at HKG E1 connection desk if we could reaccomodate or change... useless
Asked at HKG ticketing desk when we arrived Sat AM... useless (they told us they had "already" reaccomodated us.. by deleting the cancelled segmemt leaving it as an open jaw, and said it was up to us to take a train pvg-hkg)

Called HX from our PVH hotel Sat.. disconnected after 2hr hold.
Tried online chat, went from position 188 to 160 in 2hrs time, then session disconnected.
Called HX a few hours later, connected in 45 minutes.

Asked how long our tickets were valid for if we postponed trip. Agent said until Sept 19th.

Asked if supervisor could check real validity date saying we thought it might be good for longer. She asked how much longer and I said I don't know maybe 6 months. Agent replied yes, six months OK.

I asked for real date, and after long hold "all travel must be complete by April 19 2019". Made no sense where they came up with that date. I was also worried that the official typhoon update on carrier website says within 14 days of original travel.

While debating this, I some J seats opened up on the AM 9/17 PVG-HKG so we were able to take that and make our original flight back to LAX. Sadly it was downgraded to the old cabin config A350. wifi was not working, and departed with 1 clogged J bathroom sink and 1 completly in-op J bathroom sink.

In addition to the 5 in our group, we overheard two other FTers who had flown LAX-HKG-BKK Thurs. and back with us today.

Last edited by expert7700; Sep 17, 2018 at 4:32 pm