FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:55 pm
djkyyc

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I think many here are mistakenly conflating a weakness of Marriott IT with a weakness in the new level of Ambassador service. There is no evidence at all of any weakness for the Ambassador service. There is evidence galore of IT fiascos causing delays with just about every Marriott elite function imaginable.
It may be fair for you to make that statement for your own experience however it is not fair to apply that to others.

I am currently on vacation in New York. I had one simple request to make, I didn’t want a room where I was looking directly into a building across the street. The hotel has plenty of rooms, even on low floors, where you can see daylight.

Phoned and left VM’s for my ambassador, calls not returned. Sent emails not returned (realize that may have been an IT issue) so finally sent an email to all 3 addresses for my ambassador and received a response from a different ambassador that they would submit my request.

Checked in on Sunday. The App was showing traditional rooms (which I booked), superior rooms, premium view rooms, club level rooms and one bedroom suites available. I realize the app isn’t always right however it did show every room type as available. I was not greeted as a plat, given an upgrade to a superior room with a view of an office tower directly across the street and told no other rooms available. So I have to keep my blinds closed, nice.

I’ve been ambassador level for a little over 2 years and I know In some cases it has made a very nice difference (welcome amenity and note on one vacation in 2017 and one vacation in 2018). That’s it though, in both those cases had a suite upgrade as I used SNA’s.

This year with over 90 nights I’ve had about 3 upgrades to a suite. I’m ready to take a break from this. I will stay the 7 more nights I need to hit 100 this year however am moving my Q4 stays for myself and my team (about 35 nights for me plus 140 nights for my team) to Hilton.