Old Sep 17, 18, 2:06 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Band 2 SPML Asian vegetarian
LHR-MXP (Malpensa) BA580 18:05 hrs.

I think we are seeing a pattern here.
  1. As before, SPMLs are combined at CE level, so AVML isn't specifically Asian. The range isn't as big as it looks.
  2. SPMLs are drawn from the main meal options .
  3. However! They aren't identical. My MXP SCCM is also a vegetarian and she pointed out that the courgette and lentil dish I got from EDI has several slices of tofu on it and is also has a larger portion than the standard dish equivalent.
  4. The originating dish linkage therefore suggests that SPML will rotate fortnightly (monthly at LGW, to be confirmed) .
  5. SPML isnt necessarily the same as standard meal: on this Milan service it was roast beef or beetroot for standard meals, but the main beetroot tray came with a decidedly non vegetarian salmon starter (whereas the beef came with the celeriac!) . As you can see here I had a fairly tasty and crunchy salad with red onions and peppers instead.
  6. Unless you know the rotations very well you better order SPML if you don't eat meat / fish, it's now quite complex. But the SPML is guessable if you see the other dishes on the fortnightly rotation.
  7. It's probably really not for me to say, but I think the above improves the situation for SPML passengers who were hitherto condemned to perpetual tomato mozzarella .
  8. Itsu in T5 sell a range of Asian dressings, including wasabi at 5 pence per sachet. F&M also sell 100ml bottles of hot chili sauce at 5. I can see the point in slipping some dressings into the liquids bag to liven up some of the dishes. The SCCM was terribly impressed.