FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 NEWBIE LOUNGE Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:45 am
AAdamE

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jsl_313
I have an option for a connection to LIH through PHX or LAX. I'm flying First Class through an award booking and the connection/arrival times are pretty much the same (~1.5 hour connection). Aircraft departing LAX is an A321 (32B) and departing PHX is a 757 (752). I'm wondering if someone could provide guidance on where I should make my connection based primarily on aircraft choice and secondarily on airport.
On the 32B you're going to get a newer plane with power and setback screens (IFE) with a recliner seat in F. On the 757 you're going to get an older plane with a lay-flat seat, BUT no seatback entertainment, and I believe they have tablets with entertainment only for international routes. LAX has a nice flagship lounge but you wont get access with your first class ticket unless its an international route so to me the two are about the same. Hope this helps.