FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:33 am
bunmango

Just got off the phone with an AAgent after the I tried to make a SDFC on the website stating “No flights available” even though EF is showing 7 across all Coach fare buckets from Y to E.

AAgent stated right away that it’s because I had already checked in to my flight. I asked her when that rule changed, and she told me “about four months ago”.

of course, I HUCA and got another AAgent who spent a little more time looking into things, and said that while he is seeing plenty of space on the earlier flights, that he wasn’t able to tell why the system wasn’t allowing a same day flight change. He speculated that it was due to inclement weather and that they were possibly holding these seats in case there were any cancellations.

I decided to HUCA a 3rd time for good measure to see if I could get a consistent answer, and the 3rd AAgent had no clue and didn’t even try to make up an answer.

I guess I’ll try their social media team over Twitter next...