FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:27 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Band 1 lunch SPML Vegetarian Lacto-ovo
EDI-LHR BA1445 13.55

It's Monday! OK I will spare you from a further week of relentless exposure to CE catering, unless I come across anything completely different from the posts upthread. However I have taken the liberty of pre-selecting some Special Meals (SPML). I had a long think about booking SPML, since I have some reservations about doing this and it's not something I have ever done before, but in the end I decided just to go for Vegetarian meals on 4 flights, and seeing if inbound and outbound are the same. Rather than going through the canon of recondite religious catering deployed by some FTers, I stuck with Lacto-ovo vegetarian (VLML), the main and most popular option, plus Asian vegetarian (AVML) to get variety, hopefully.

For this Edinburgh departure it all went to plan and they had my allocated tray immediately ready. So this is the courgette and lentil salad, with the pineapple dessert. There was a lot of lentils I felt, perhaps 4 heaped tablespoons. I really could have done with a creamy sauce to go with it. The pineapple - my favourite fruit - was particularly ripe and flavoursome. This meal is offered in some of the posts above, so it's not SPML specific.

One should note the mini fiçelle which came from the main bread basket, it didn't feature in last week’s outings.

If I hadn't ordered the SPML I would have been offered the choice between roast beef or Coronation chicken, but with the chocolate dessert.

Another A319 G-EUPU, full in ET, 15 out of 24 in CE.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Sep 17, 2018 at 9:59 am