FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] HX: LAX-PVG rt in J ~$580ish
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:08 pm
expert7700

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Cizzla
I fly LAX-BKK on nov 1. I am positioning from ATL and just wondering if it is better to fly in the night before. Flight is at 11.45am but for the past few days they have been 20-45mins late. Earliest flight from ATL arrives at 9am via AA. Will we be safe to fly in on 1st or is that pushing it? Not sure if 2hrs 45mins is enough time
If your ticket is on a other airline ticket (obvious in this case) , 2hr 45min is enough time... unless it isn't. If your AA plane goes mechanical, HX is not going to reaccomodate you the next day.

I flew from Vegas on a 7am flight and ran from a different terminal to TBIT check in, which opens 3hrs before the flight. Online boarding passes were NOT available for US or Canadian residents, and HX does not participate in TSA Pre. The LAX International lounge was surprisngly well stocked with food and beverage. (and this is coming from someone who flies out of LAX to visit 5-7 lounges at a time!)