FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steals and splurges: Share the best of your high and low-end travel beauty secrets
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:08 pm
freecia

Originally Posted by ysolde
Has anyone tried the Tatcha Rice Polish? I have been using the Gentle formulation for about a month now, and am really liking it. For a bit of background, I had been using Good Genes for about a year and a half and loved it. Then, starting in late may, we were in Florence, and something happened. I was using my very high SPF (as per usual). Wearing a wide-brimmed hat. Somehow, I ended up with a patchy, nasty sunburn on my face that seemed to track where I put on the Good Genes. Given how conscientious I am about SPF use, it put me off the Good Genes. I cut back on that product to one night a week, and that to a night before a day I know I am not going out of the house. It is still a great product, but I think with age and possibly some hormonal changes I am going through, I am not reacting well to it anymore. Meanwhile, I started looking for a gentler way to exfoliate my skin.

I read a lot about the Tatcha Rice Polish, and while it is recommended that most people start by using the Classic formulation, I decided to go with the Gentle formulation. It really is a gentle exfoliant (made of rice bran and fruit enzymes). Starts as a powder, which you mix with water and turns into a light foam. It works quickly (about twenty seconds on your face, then rinse off). Gentle enough for morning and night use. Within a week, my skin felt soft and glow-y. I have not had any bad reactions in the sun. Because it is a powder, I can pour out a small amount to take with me on our trip next month without being concerned about waste (there is also a small travel size available in the Classic formulation). The price is also quite moderate, which is always nice, IMO.

Any experiences with this?
I used the Tatcha Rice Polish Classic for a few months a few years ago but felt it was causing some dry patches which I was already prone to in the winter. I am currently using up a tube of CosRx low pH. Good Morning Cleanser which is still a little bit strong but much less drying. I did up my hydration routine but currently don't do a whole lot for chemical exfoliation (that will change a bit as it gets colder as I'm too fond of hot showers in cold weather). I'll be looking for a slightly gentler low pH cleanser when I've finally finished the CosRx. Tatcha's rice cleansers have a fairly high pH, but perhaps something else in it wasn't great for me Powder Cleanser Comparison Review: Tosowoong, O'slee, Su:m37, & Tatcha - Snow White and the Asian Pear I did splurge on the Tatcha cleansing oil and still love how well it cleanses, emulsifies, and rinses.