FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Montreal
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:29 pm
callmedtop

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
We are halfway through our stay and it is a refreshingly good one. This is a meticulously-run property and I am already thinking about when we can return.

We had an issue with our shower temperature as well as a couple of relatively minor service mishaps during breakfast. Service recovery was above and beyond - I have received much worse responses for much more serious issues at other properties. There is nothing nicer than having a manager approach you about an issue and resolve the problem before you even bring it up with anyone.

We are only here for two nights yet the staff knows our name, what we are doing in town, and genuinely seem to care about our well-being. This is all during a time where they are near full occupancy.

Despite RC not promising Platinum upgrades and the fact that it is my wife who is Platinum (and my name is on the reservation), they offered an upgrade to a Junior Suite if we were able to wait until 5pm to check-in. We could not wait, so we stuck with our Superior room (larger guest room) which is perfectly adaquate. The rooms are a little bare but I am enjoying it nonetheless. We will probably book a Junior Suite next time as the floor plan looks a bit nicer than what we have now.